TCM for everyone
Unless otherwise stated, accessibility services listed below are free of charge. If you need an accommodation that isn’t mentioned on this page, please contact us, we would love to help!
- English subtitles are available during all performances of our large productions. (Check the event’s web page to know if they are available!)
- There is a limited amount of smart tablets used to display these subtitles.
- Reservations are not necessary but recommended.
- A credit card will be asked for as a deposit and will be returned at the end of the performance.
Anyone can enjoy theatre in French!
Reserve your tablet at the moment of purchase or call us at 204-233-8053.
Many of our projects can be enjoyed without understanding French or reading subtitles. Whether it’s a piece without words or a completely bilingual event, everyone is welcome!
Access & Mobility
TCM is completely wheelchair accessible.
- Our reception, Theatre and Studio are all located on the main floor.
- Both the TCM and CCFM buildings are equipped with automatic doors.
- There are three accessible washrooms on the main floor.
- A folding wheelchair can be made available to a patron upon request. Please let us know in advance at 204-233-8053.
If you are visiting our office, you may contact us by using the video intercom located by the main entrance in order to gain access to the elevator.
If you are coming to see a show:
Depending on the layout of the audience for each play, accessible seating in the theatre may be limited. You can call us at 204-233-8053 to reserve accessible seating free of charge.
- There are 4 accessible parking spots available west of the main entrance to the theatre.
- Drop-off and pick-up is possible directly at the main entrance.
We provide headphones for people with special hearing needs during the shows at TCM.
- To borrow a hearing device, approach our House Manager or a volunteer near the entrance.
- You may bring your own headphones with a standard connector to use with our device.
- This service is available upon demand – a credit card will be asked for as a security deposit and will be returned at the end of the presentation.
Some patrons with hearing aids may experience difficulty hearing with our headphones. Reserved seating near the stage or other options may be made available if this is the case. Call us at 204-233-8053 for more details.
Bringing yours kids to the theatre
Much of TCM’s programming is aimed at an adult or teenage audience. Babies and children under the age of 4 are not permitted during shows which are not targeted to a family audience. Unless the show is targeted at a younger audience, it is recommended that young children do not attend.
Discover our programming for youth, children and families
- If you have questions regarding the recommended age of attendance for a given show, call us at 204-2330-8053.
- Change tables for young children are available in all of our accessible washrooms.
- Strollers and car seats are not permitted in the aisle for safety reasons, but they may be left in the Foyer by the coat rack. Ask our House Manager to help you park your stroller!
Enjoy a show at TCM and bring the kids along! TCM offers a childcare service in the TCM Studio on select show dates, animated by two childcare professionals from FPFM.
Learn more about TCM’s childcare service
A parent or responsible adult must purchase a ticket to the corresponding TCM show in order to benefit from childcare services.
Childcare services are offered in partnership with FPFM